Sunday, February 28, 2010

Why are you here?

Today I came across a verse I've read many times before, but this time it struck a different chord with me. Most of us probably know the story of Jesus and the disciples praying in the garden of Gethsemane the night Jesus was betrayed and arrested. Jesus was very distraught at what he knew was to come. He knew that Judas Iscariot was going to come there and betray him with a kiss. He told the disciples it would happen at the last supper. But this is what stuck out to me. Jesus knew exactly all that was to happen, but when Judas arrived at the garden Jesus said to him, Mathew 26:50 "Friend, why have you come?" Why would Jesus ask him that?

Have you ever been somewhere mabey a bit doggy and said to yourself "what am I doing here?" or done something you know you really shouldnt be doing and said "what am I doing?" What if thats really God inside you sayin "Hey...what cha doin?", because he wants us to think about the REAL reason this question has come up. Am I doing this beacuse Im angry at something or someone? Am I here to avoid somewhere else? Am I not going somewhere to avoid something I need to confront? I dunno this is just some food for thought. So the next time you find yourself asking, "why am I here?" Stop and think if your the one asking it.

No comments:

Post a Comment